Sandy Murray Memorial Award - Essay Competition 2016
The Psychologists Protection Society Trust is a not for profit defence organisation, run for the benefit of members in the talking and listening therapies. The main purpose of the PPS Trust is to provide therapists with assistance when complaints are received from clients and other professional protection matters. The Trust also aims to provide education and advice to and promote high standards of professional practice by practitioners in the talking and listening therapy services.
At the instance of the Trustees of the Psychologists Protection Society, the Murray Family have agreed to offer an annual prize to honour the life work and dedication to the Society by founder Sandy Murray. Since Sandy’s passing in 2014, many members have provided testimony as to the helpful support received from Sandy throughout his 40 year service and how he encouraged, inspired and enabled Members to face the difficulties which cropped up in their life as a therapist. The purpose of this Sandy Murray Memorial Award is to encourage the best talents and personal qualities of new entrants to the talking and listening therapy professions. Click here to find out more about Sandy Murray
What is the prize?
- The presentation of an engraved glass trophy inscribed with citation SANDY MURRAY MEMORIAL AWARD, with the winner being able to retain an engraved glass keepsake
- The winner of the competition will receive a money prize of £500, donated by the Murray family
- The winners will be named perpetually on PPS literature and online media streams
For more information and competition rules click here
Who can enter?
The competition is open to students or recent graduates on a course within the fields of counselling, psychotherapy and the therapeutic modalities of psychology. For more information and competition rules click here
What is the topic?
You are asked to send a piece of writing which seeks to outline a personal statement of how you envisage the safeguarding of standards and practice can be maintained within your own discipline of counselling, psychotherapy and the therapeutic modalities of psychology in one or more fields of application e.g. independent/private practice, health service provision, government agencies, community care, charity/not for profit etc.
How can I find out more and apply?
- Click here to download the document - "Sandy Murray Memorial Award - 2016 Essay Competition - Entrants Information"
- Click here to download the document "Sandy Murray Memorial Award - 2016 Essay Competition - Entry Form"
- Click here to download an A4 PDF of the "Essay Competition Poster"